Keenly reflective of developments and experiences gained in the tall building industry over the last ten years, this book imparts the advice and knowledge of more than 20 highly respected industry specialists.
Key topics include:
Our cities have seen considerable change in the 10 years since the first edition of Tall Buildings, and the debate surrounding management of our skylines is an ever growing and sometimes controversial topic. With further densification and population growth predicted this change is set to continue, making it even more important that we understand these technically distinct and potentially beautiful structures.
- motivators and perspectives of building tall;
- the viewpoint of occupiers;
- urban design and place-making considerations;
- façade design; space planning and efficiency;
- engineering and construction;
- cost planning and ownership;
- the role of BIM; construction economics;
- the all-important matter of legacy – including the challenges of adaptation and demolition; and
- design principles for the next generation of skyscrapers.
Editors: Nigel Clark and Bill Price
Publisher: RIBA Publishing, BCO, CTBUH, 2016
Soft cover, 144 pages, 8.25"W x 11.75"H
Individual Member discount: 10%
Organizational Member discount: 20%